How many people have asked you what your website address is and you are now wondering if it is time to have one. This is a really good question to ponder and below are some questions to think about.
- Are you selling your services on Social Media?
- If you are only randomly selling your services online do you think it might be a good idea to add something else to your to-do list? It would be a good idea to review what you are publishing on social media and how much you are talking about what you do and how you help your niche. If you are not doing that enough then it might be a good idea to ramp that up and then review after 6 weeks to see if anything has changed.
- What is the aim of your website?
- Having a website for the sake of a website isn’t going to help as it will mean you have more to do and concentrate on. What do you want your website to do when someone visits it? Do you want to sell to them, get them to know more about you, answer their questions or provide them will freebies? Having a clear goal before you look at a website will help you to create one that matches what you desire.
- Do you have a branding that you would feel happy putting out there to a wider audience?
- Branding is more than just a logo and you can read about the difference here. When you have your branding done by an expert it makes it easier to create a website as you have all the information needed to choose the right theme and words that go on your website. When I worked with an Intuitive Designer my brand became amazing and this was when I was ready for a website. It was because I had my values, feelings, sacred icons and more. Having a great branding means that you can create a website that people will want to visit. I have seen many websites where it really hurts my eyes because of colours, fonts and the fact that it is just boring.
- Do you feel ready for a website or is it causing you anxiety?
- Are you thinking about having a website because people say that it is a must yet the thought is causing you anxiety? If this is happening you are probably not ready for a website. I really didn’t like the idea of having a website because it felt so overwhelming for me as at that stage I was going to do it myself. I didn’t want another thing on my to-do list as it was already big enough.
- Are you ideal clients searching for your niche online?
- When you go onto Google and search for your niche does anything come up? What websites do you find? Are they anything like what you do? Do some research and see what is out there before you start creating a website.
- Do you have the time to do it yourself or do you have the money to pay an expert?
- This is the one that may help you decide. Do you have the time to spend learning how to create a website? It will take time to search Google, watch YouTube videos and then create the website. You will need to learn what makes a great website, what makes you stand out from the crowd and maybe even learn new software like WordPress. You also need to decide on a name, where you are going to host it and what plugins to have on there. This is just the basics and my website creator wrote about this which you can find here.
- Are you aware that people do a search online and like to see websites?
- There will come a time when you do need a website as people do a search online for what your service is and when they find a website they want it to catch there eye so that they stay and look around. when I am searching I do look at the websites and in my mind I am, yes I suppose you could call it judging, their website and to see if I like it and what they are saying or do I check the next website out.
- What if having a website that you can direct people to for your blog, freebies and paid sessions actually gave you more business?
- Having one place where you can direct traffic to that has everything your potential clients need makes it so much easier then them having to search your social media channels for information. I love it when I find a website that is easy to navigate and has everything that I need.
I hope that this has given you something to think about in regards to your website. The right time for a website will be up to you and when you feel ready. For me, I needed everything to come together including not officially being registered as a nurse. Once this happened my body and my business were saying yes, yes, yes.