I talk a lot about the chakras as it is the basis of my business and everything that I do. The chakras have been a lifeline for me in my life especially during the hard times when I became depressed. It is through working with these chakras that I was able to understand why I had developed depression. When I discovered why I then worked on the who, where, when and what caused the depression. It was through working with the chakras that I discovered my business had an energy of its own and also had chakras. I wrote about the business chakras here. So what are these things called Chakras?
In Sanskrit, the word Chakra means ‘Aneel or spinning wheel’. Many texts describe the chakra as a spinning wheel or vortexes of energy within our body. The traditional belief is that there are seven main chakras that when spinning consistently and at a rate that is perfect for us then our life is going along beautifully. We are also able to deal with stress and challenges a lot easier because this energy changes the vibration in our body to a higher level. When our vibration is at a higher level it is vibrating faster which means that thoughts, beliefs and challenges are able to be resolved quicker. Traditionally there are seven main chakras which I will describe below.
Root or Base Chakra (Muladhara).
- Colour: Red.
- Location: At the base of the spine.
- Meaning: This chakra is our foundation. It is our safety, security and survival. When we have a roof over our head, food in our stomach and money we feel safe and secure.
- Unbalanced: When we don’t have even one of these things we lose our sense of feeling safe. Thoughts such as I am not worthy, money doesn’t grow on trees, and I am poor enter into our brain when this chakra is unbalanced.
- Balanced: We have a home, food, money, family, and we feel happy in our life as it is flowing easily.
Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana)
- Colour: Orange
- Location: Halfway between the Root/Base Chakra and the Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Meaning: It is our sensuality, sexuality, and desire for pleasure.
- Unbalanced: When it is unbalanced
- Balanced: When this chakra is balanced you feel alive, sensual, desired and enjoy everything around you
Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
- Colour: Yellow
- Location: Upper abdomen at the stomach
- Meaning: This chakra relates to self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Unbalanced: When this chakra is unbalanced you feel stressed, powerless, distress and discomfort.
- Balanced: When this chakra is balanced you control your destiny, feel your power and accomplish your dreams.
Heart Chakra (Anahata)
- Colour: Green or Pink
- Location: At the front of the heart.
- Meaning: It relates to our love and compassion.
- Unbalanced: When this chakra is unbalanced we feel disconnected from our family and friends, we lose sight of hope, beauty, love empathy and compassion.
- Balanced: When this chakra is balanced we have healthy family relationships and appreciate beauty. We have learnt to love ourselves and we can see the love in others even when they don’t see it themselves.
Throat Chakra (Vishuddha)
- Colour: Blue
- Location: At the front of the throat.
- Meaning: This chakra relates to communication and speaking your truth.
- Unbalanced: When this chakra is unbalanced we struggle with communication both written and verbal, we need to constantly clear our throat and we fear speaking especially on camera.
- Balanced: When this chakra is balanced we feel real ease around communication and our communication flows.
Third Eye Chakra (Ajna)
- Colour: Indigo
- Location: It can be directly between the eyes or just above in the centre of the forehead.
- Meaning: It relates to insight, intuition, awareness and guidance.
- Unbalanced: When this chakra is unbalanced we become bombarded with thoughts, we can’t switch off, we have trouble sleeping, our judgement becomes clouded and we have trouble making decisions.
- Balanced: When this chakra is balanced you feel focused, steady, and you see everything from a higher perspective.
Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)
- Colour: Purple or White
- Location: At the top of the head.
- Meaning: This chakra relates to spiritual connection.
- Unbalanced: When this chakra is unbalanced we feel unconnected spiritually, lose direction and purpose, feeling lost and having depression.
- Balanced: When this chakra is balanced you have found your soul’s purpose, you feel enlightened and connected.
This is the basic information about the chakras and during my study of them within myself and my clients I have discovered a myriad of new and exciting information which is for a future blog. Would you love to know about your chakras? I offer a Business Tarot and Chakra Reading which you can book in through this link. Get in quick though as this service will be no more mid July 2020.